What is Student Convention?
SCEE promotes A.C.E. Student Convention as a “3D Event”. It is a residential event where students can Discover their God-given gifts and abilities, where students can Develop those gifts and abilities, and where they can also learn to Dedicate their gifts and abilities to God and the ministry of Christian endeavour. Convention also offers students the opportunity to compete in a Christian context. Students may choose from over 140 different events, so it is likely that every student will find events in which they can compete in a Christian context. There events are spread across eight different categories: Academics, Physical Education (Athletics & Sport), Visual Arts, Media Arts, Manual Arts, Music (Vocal, Instrumental, and Combined), Scripture, and Platform (Speech and Drama). The South Pacific A.C.E. Student Convention Guidelines provide the criteria and information for each event and all the forms required for entry to the events. These Guidelines are available below.
The purpose of A.C.E. Student Convention is:
– To reflect the character objectives of our Lord Jesus Christ.
– To give Christian young people opportunity to develop leadership skills.
– To strive for and set a standard of excellence.
– To promote school spirit and excitement about Christian education.
A.C.E. Student Convention is an integral part of your students’ education. Convention is structured on sound educational principles and incorporates many areas not directly covered by PACE work. This leads to a well-rounded curriculum within the school or homeschool structure. Convention presents opportunities for students to network and socialise with their peers, and to work in groups and teams. It also provides external assessment of their entries.
Student Convention can be one of the most rewarding events in the student’s annual calendar. Students who are over 10 years of age but have not turned 20 years of age and are using the A.C.E. program in schools and/or through a homeschool provider, may attend a Regional Student Convention. When successful with their chosen events, they have the opportunity to move on to competition at a South Pacific level. They may also qualify for International Student Convention once they have turned 13 years of age.
Schools and families gain many advantages by participating in Student Convention, e.g.,
• Students learn new skills and develop Christian leadership
• Students grow in confidence.
• Students gain a sense of belonging.
• Students place their personal educational experience into a larger perspective.
• Students make new friends.
• Students showcase their gifts and abilities.
• Students’ decision making and Spiritual growth will be a by-product of the fellowship, atmosphere and challenge of the evening rallies.
• Students work collaboratively when preparing and performing in group and team events.
Regional A.C.E. Student Convention
Digital registrations are now accepted for Student Conventions. If you wish to use this new system, please read this guide first.
Regional A.C.E. Student Convention is the entry point Convention for all students. They are held annually in the following Regions/Countries (Dates and locations are subject to change at SCEE’s discretion):
• DATE CHANGE Papua New Guinea: August 21 – 25, 2017, Lae Registration Kit
• Fiji: July 24 – 28, 2017, Suva Registration Kit
• New Zealand: September 11 – 15, 2017, Auckland Registration Kit
• Tasmania: September 25 – 28, 2017, Ulverstone, TAS
• Indonesia: September 28 – October 3, 2017, Jakarta Registration Kit
• Eastern Australia: October 16 – 20, 2017, Rawson, VIC Registration Kit Screening Form
These kits only contain forms and information specific to each region. The generic forms are listed below.
2017 Student Convention Guidelines
For use at all A.C.E. Student Conventions in the South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand, and Indonesia.
VARIATIONS FOR 2017 – an overview of the major changes to the 2017 Guidelines. Updated 02/02/17
Introduction & General Information – updated 02/02/17
Academics – updated 02/02/17
Athletics – updated 02/02/17
Sports – updated 02/02/17
Manual Arts – updated 02/02/17
Media Arts – updated 02/02/17
Visual Arts – updated 02/02/17
Music Combined – updated 02/02/17
Music Instrumental – updated 02/02/17
Music Vocal – updated 02/02/17
Platform – updated 02/02/17
Scripture – updated 02/02/17
Athletic Records & Qualifying Times – updated 02/02/17
Bible Bowl book for 2017: Acts
NEW FOR 2017! Fillable Judges forms available soon!
NOTE: Students and Sponsors need to make sure that they have the most up-to-date version of the Guidelines. Please check BEFORE starting to prepare for your events that you have downloaded the latest version.
South Pacific A.C.E. Student Convention
South Pacific A.C.E. Student Convention (or SouthPac) is held every second year (even years) in a location somewhere within the South Pacific Region.
Students must qualify at their Regional Convention to be eligible to compete at South Pacific A.C.E. Student Convention. (See Guidelines above). It is the next step in student development for those students who place 1st to 6th in their events, at Regional Convention.
South Pacific A.C.E. Student Convention 2018
Registration Forms (SCHOOLS)
Registration Forms (HOMESCHOOL FAMILIES)
A.C.E. International Student Convention
This Convention is held annually in the USA where 2,000 or more A.C.E. delegates gather and compete. It commands a high level of achievement and is a challenging and impacting event. ISC is highly recommended for senior Convention students and is guaranteed to be a life changing event.
The requirements for ISC differ from those in the South Pacific Region. All information for ISC is available at A.C.E. Ministries.