Positions available: Secondary Teachers
Are you an enthusiastic teacher, who is focussed on the growth of your students and longs to practice your profession within a Christian worldview?
Would it inspire you to be part of a Distance Education school, providing Christian worldview education to students all over Queensland? This might be the role for you.
At Redwood College, we are focussed on providing quality distance education to our students, regardless of their circumstances or location in Queensland.
About the role
Teaching at Redwood College is a student-focussed role, centred on assisting students to achieve success through the delivery of online classes and the provision of support at a variety of levels. While primarily working from our campus in Burpengary, there is the possibility of working partially from home to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- Note that these are part-time positions, expected to consist of either 2 or 3 days per week but negotiable with the successful candidate.
- This role commences in January 2023.
Applicants who have experience and/or training in teaching Year 7 -10 in the following subjects will be considered:
- Other subjects such as Technologies and HPE will be an advantage
We also require specialist Year 11 and 12 teachers for:
- Sciences (Biology required, others an advantage)
About the applicant
- A passion for teaching in a faith-based school. This role requires the pastoral care and support of students, participation in chapels and delivery of Christian Studies.
- Be able to operate as a part of a team and proactively support the culture and Christian ethos of the College.
- Direct and support student learning through face-to-face lessons (via Zoom) and online platforms.
- Provide support to parents/guardians.
- Have excellent communication skills and be fluent in English.
- Be able to support learning, and teach using online methodologies.
- Track and report student progress and utilise our established and developing systems. Experience with Daymap will be advantageous.
- Hold current Queensland College of Teachers registration.
- Be eligible to work in Australia
- Graduate teachers welcome to apply
A description of your faith journey and supporting verbal/written reference from a pastor or minister will be requested as part of the application process.
How to apply
To apply, please email Diana Trim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please ensure you include:
- Cover letter
- Evidence of registration or eligibility for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
- A brief Statement of Faith
- Reference contact details including one from a pastor or church leader
All applications will be treated confidentially and we will not contact your referees prior to requesting permission from you.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Closing date: Wednesday 30 November 2022.