Rosetta Stone FAQ’s and questions from our webinars are answered here.
- I am wondering if we do the administrating of our students or does SCEE do it?
- Can you explain more about the license?
- What about Windows 8 tablets?
- Is there any printed material to support online learning?
- How many students per language?
- Can we buy the license now and students start next year?
- If a student buys a licence, how many levels are they allowed to complete?
- Can current students start now?
- What is the starting age for Rosetta Stone? High School?
- Regarding A.C.E. certificate credit, if the language has more than 2 levels, will the student be given two credits?
- Can a teacher buy a license and use it in her class and present it on the whiteboard (that’s if they are not worried about reporting)?
- How do you suggest the product be used in a classroom? Any opportunity for group learning?
- We are having an inspection next year. Do you have a Scope and Sequence that we can present to the Inspectors for their approval?
- How many lessons per level
- If students have a question, how can they ask it?
- If there are 5 levels in a course what school level would the final levels be? eg Grade 8 or Grade 12
- Can I use Rosetta Stone on my smart phone or tablet?
- Does Rosetta Stone offer a parallel English translation?
I am wondering if we do the administrating of our students or does SCEE do it?
- SCEE will create for each school, DE or home school provider a Group within our Rosetta Stone Classroom environment. SCEE will register the learners and assign them to the schools group.
- For each group the school or provider can nominate an administrator for that group. The group administrator will have the ability to view all learners in their group and reports for those learners. They will also be able to customise the curriculum if desired.
Can you explain more about the license?
- Each license is valid for 12 months from the date the learner is registered.
- Each license is for one student and one language.
- SCEE has not imposed any level restrictions; each license will have access to whatever levels are available for the selected language.
What about Windows 8 tablets?
Please see specs on following link:
Look at the V3 Learner Workstation column.
Is there any printed material to support online learning?
From Rosetta Stone there is a limited amount available. We will try and get more details on what is available.
How many students per language?
There are no limits on the number of students per language. Each License is limited to one language.
Can we buy the license now and students start next year?
Yes, they can be purchased now and activated latter. Keeping in mind that licenses from our current stock will need to be activated by a set date, please contact the distribution manager to check the current status of our stock.
If a student buys a licence, how many levels are they allowed to complete?
As many Levels as that language has available.
Can current students start now?
Yes, just keep in mind that the 12 months begins when the license is activated, so you might recommend that they continue using it during the holidays (it’s fun to use so that shouldn’t be too much trouble).
What is the starting age for Rosetta Stone? High School?
Rosetta Stone can be used K-12. For younger learners the curriculum can be customised to suit by an administrator.
Regarding A.C.E. certificate credit, if the language has more than 2 levels, will the student be given two credits?
Currently we expect that 1 Credit will be awarded per 2 levels completed. SCEE staff are still working out details for work beyond the first credit.
Can a teacher buy a license and use it in her class and present it on the whiteboard (that’s if they are not worried about reporting)?
- They could, although it is designed for individual learning.
- It would not be suitable where credits for a certificate are desired.
How do you suggest the product be used in a classroom? Any opportunity for group learning?
Each student would have a profile that they work with independently, providing tracking of the students work and results. When the class meets as a group the teacher would have a profile to use (with a customised curriculum ideally) to review and re-enforce work covered.
We are having an inspection next year. Do you have a Scope and Sequence that we can present to the Inspectors for their approval?
- Rosetta Stone will be covered in the next Southern Cross Educational Enterprises Ltd. Scope and Sequence.
- The course contents for each level of each language can be found here:
- Other links that will help :
How many lessons per level
Each Level is divided into 4 units, each unit consists of about 30 lessons (approximate times: core lessons 30 minutes, other lessons 5 – 15 minutes).
This is the default settings only, the content can be customised by an administrator.
If students have a question, how can they ask it?
There is a contact support option in Rosetta Stone Classroom portal.
If there are 5 levels in a course what school level would the final levels be? eg Grade 8 or Grade 12
While the answer to this question depends on the age a student is introduced to the language, we can assume that a typical student may commence in Year 7 or 8 – at least in terms of recording progress towards credit attainment. Such a student reaching the end of level 5 in a language should be approaching the end of level/grade 10. However, a number of variables could influence this broad outline. It is also possible for brighter students to complete the material earlier while others may continue on in their senior years.
Can I use Rosetta Stone on my smart phone or tablet?
Rosetta Stone Course can be accessed and used on the Apple and Android platforms.
For general help with smart phone devices visit:
For Android users:
For Apple users:
In general visit the App Store (Apple) or Play Store (Google / Android) and search for Rosetta Stone Ltd. and install Rosetta Course.
Once the App is installed on your device, and you open it up you should be presented with an option like the image bellow, you must select Enterprise and Education Learners which will provide the correct login options
At the Rosetta Course Enterprise and Education Learners sign in page, enter the user name and password and then make sure that you set the Online portal to “scee”
If you continue to have trouble please visit the link above that applies to your device.
Does Rosetta Stone offer a parallel English translation?
Rosetta Stone uses a style of instruction called “immersion methodology”. Lessons are presented entirely in the language you are learning. There are no instructions or parallel English translations. This is a deliberate learning technique that has been adopted to help the learner adapt to the new language as quickly as possible. Millions of users worldwide have already demonstrated the effectiveness of this approach in language learning. Immersion is a natural method for children and adults to learn language. As with any language program, additional aids such as direct person-to-person communication, cultural exposure, and further studies will enhance the learning experience. Prior to purchase we strongly recommend that you View the demonstration – http://www.rosettastone.com/k12/home/