Southern Cross Educational Enterprises Ltd (SCEE)
is a not for profit charitable ministry, registered in Queensland and established
for the purpose of promoting and facilitating Biblical education around the South Pacific region.
SCEE is the South Pacific Area Office for Accelerated Christian Education, a Biblical, mastery learning programme providing for Kindergarten and Preschool right through year 12 (year 13 in some regions). The South Pacific region comprises those countries that could, loosely, be described as south of the equator and from Indonesia in the West to the Islands of Polynesia in the East. Countries in the South Pacific Region which currently have schools using Accelerated Christian Education are (from West to East):
Countries in the South Pacific that are currently using Accelerated Christian Education
|Papua New Guinea||Solomon Islands|
|Fiji Islands||Cook Islands|
As of March, 2020, there are some 273 registered schools operating within the region comprising about 14,175 students.
Within Australia, schools choosing to use A.C.E. resources within their educational program are required to be registered with their respective education authorities and have therefore been able to satisfactorily demonstrate that their content and methodology meets State and National registration requirements. More information can be obtained by viewing the Educational Services Department section of this website.
SCEE provides school service visits and runs annual educators’ conferences and student conventions around the South Pacific region. More information on these services can be obtained by viewing the Our Events section of this website.
More information on A.C.E. can be obtained by viewing the page “About A.C.E.” on this website or by visiting the A.C.E. Website.
A.C.E. and SCEE Believe:
That every subject can be taught from God’s point of view.
All truth is God’s truth and so there can be no “secular” subjects
- The Bible is rightfully the final authority on all questions. While the Bible does not contain a detailed study of the various disciplines of learning, all its assertions are historically and scientifically true and accurate in all the original autographs.
- While the ideal of Bible-based, God-centred, Christ-honouring education within the local church is the ideal form of formal learning for the children of Christian families, all Christians should be actively seeking the spiritual strengthening and encouragement of Christian students and staff of secular schools and the salvation of non-Christians.
- The object of education in Christian schools should be first and foremost the salvation and then the spiritual development and growth of the child “unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.” This does not preclude the attainment of the highest levels of academic excellence nor does it ignore vocational training needs. Full spiritual development enables higher academic achievement.
The Bible is the written Word of God. It is inspired and inerrant throughout and the
supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- The final guide to the interpretation of Scripture is Scripture itself.
- The account of origins presented in Genesis is a simple but factual presentation of actual events and therefore provides a reliable framework for scientific research into the question of the origin and history of life.
- The various original life forms (kinds) including man, were made by direct creative acts of God. Biological changes which have occurred since the creation have been limited to variation only within the potential possessed by the original kinds.
- The great flood of Genesis was an actual historical event, world-wide in its extent and effect.
- The special creation of Adam (as one man) and Eve (as one woman) and their subsequent fall into sin through disobedience is the basis for the necessity of salvation for mankind.
- Death, both physical and spiritual, entered into this world subsequent to and as a direct consequence of man’s sin.
The following attitudes are held by the members of the Company to be consistent with Scripture or else implied by Scripture. All persons wishing to become members of the Company are expected to hold these views:
- A literal interpretation of the Scripture should be followed wherever that is possible. Spiritual application of the facts recorded in Scripture is valid but the primary meaning must always be seen as literal except where allegory, metaphor or similar figure of speech are clearly implied. Scripture must always be interpreted by Scripture.
- The Scripture teaches a recent origin for man and for the whole Creation.
- The days in Genesis do not correspond to Geologic ages but are six (6) consecutive twenty-four (24) hour days of Creation.
- The Noachian Flood was a significant geological event and much fossiliferous sediment originated at that time.
- Highest academic standards must be upheld in all Christian educational institutions but this must be coupled with the highest spiritual standards. In the event of conflict between the academic and spiritual standards the spiritual must have priority. This stand will eventually lead to higher academic standards.
- The local church is the visible body of Christ at work in a local community, and every believer should seek membership in a local Bible-centred church.
- The believer can enjoy a life of victory over sin, self, and the world by reckoning himself dead indeed unto sin and alive unto God and being constantly filled with the Holy Spirit by faith, abiding constantly in Christ.
- Separation from sin, heresy and false teachers is Scripturally necessary for the believer’s own close walk with the Lord. A legalistic isolation from those who do not agree with us on matters, other than the essentials of the gospel, is not according to the kind of “agape” love described in 1 Corinthians 13.
A Biblically based ministry equipping people to fulfil their God-ordained role in life. “Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus…” (Colossians 1:28)
To preach and otherwise proclaim wherever possible and by all available means the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ: likewise to help and encourage men, women and children in the study of the Holy Scriptures as contained in the Old and New Testaments
- To encourage other Christians to proclaim Christ to others by the promotion of Christian Education.
- To encourage and assist in every possible way the establishment of day schools, Bible colleges, and other education programmes consistent with the objects of the Company.
- To provide qualified personnel, expertise and data resources for the use of Churches, Bible schools, families and Organisations in the promotion and carrying out of Christian education in every field.
- To publish material via but not limited to print, multi-media, computer based, audio-visual, films, internet or any other media which are relevant to the cause of Bible-centred, God honouring education.
- To establish, promote, direct, and fund home schools, schools, colleges, and Bible institutes, universities and other institutions which carry out Christian education based on high academic standards; a literal interpretation of the Holy Scriptures; creationism; and scriptural separation from sin and heresy.
- To promote, direct, and fund public seminars and adult education guidance and counseling programmes consistent with the objects of the Company and its Articles of Faith relating but not limited to marriage, the family, the home, and inter-personal relationships.
- To employ, train, acquire, dispose of, use and/or maintain all such persons and/or properties Cross (real and/or personal) as may be considered necessary for the efficient carrying out of any one or more aspects of the aforesaid primary objects.
- To train personnel to work as teachers in schools so as to bring the influence of Godly lives, philosophy, witness, and testimony into those schools, such training to include instruction in how to be an effective witness in these situations.
To develop curricula strategies and methods of disseminating the Gospel by whatever means available in the schools, colleges and universities and to promote and distribute such curricula strategies and methods amongst other like-minded individuals and organisations.
- To procure and make available money and financial aid or other assistance for the furtherance of the objects of the Company and for the acquisition, provision, and development of real and personal property and other facilities necessary or expedient for the establishment or conduct of any of the objects of the Company and to provide for the furnishing, equipping, operation, or maintenance of same.
- To formulate, establish and implement rules, regulations, and By-laws for the proper conduct Cross of members of the Company and for regulating and determining their membership.
To undertake and execute any trust the undertaking whereof may seem desirable and either gratuitously or otherwise.
- To carry on the business of curricula development, general merchants, importers, exporters, indentors, warehouse manufacturers, wholesale dealers, and retailers or any of the said businesses in all and any of these said branches.
- To acquire upon such terms as the Board shall think fit all or any of the stock, shares, and securities of and the whole or any interest in the undertaking and business of any Company, firm or person and to carry on the same.
- To conduct and manage the business and affairs of any other Company, co-partnership or person whether such business be manufacture, mercantile, commercial, financial, insurance or otherwise.
- To take over, apply for purchase or otherwise acquire, maintain, and prolong any copyrights, trademarks, designs, letters of registration, patents, brevets d’inventum, licences, concessions, or any interest therein and the like conferring any exclusive or limited right to the use of any secret or other information as to any invention which may seem capable of being used for any purposes of the Company or the acquisition of which may seem calculated directly or indirectly to benefit the Company and to use, exercise, develop, or grant licences in respect of or otherwise turn to account the property rights or information as acquired.
- To purchase or otherwise acquire and undertake all or any part of the business property and liabilities of any person or Company carrying on any business which this Company is authorised to carry on or possessed of any property suitable for the purpose of this Company for such consideration as the Company may think fit.
- To enter into any arrangement with any government or authorities supreme, municipal, local, or otherwise and to obtain from any such government or authority all rights, concessions and privileges that may seem conducive to the Company’s objects or any of them and to carry out exercise and comply with same.
- To establish and support or to aid in the establishment and support of associations, Cross institutions, trust funds, or conveniences calculated to benefit any or all of the primary objects of this Company and generally to subscribe to or guarantee money for charitable or benevolent objects or for any exhibition or for any public, general, or useful object conducive to the promotion of the aforesaid primary objects.
- To invest and deal with monies of the Company not immediately required upon such securities and in such manner as from time to time may be determined. But the Company shall not carry on the business of speculating in the purchase and sale of stocks and shares or negotiable securities.
- To obtain any order-in-council or Act of Parliament for enabling the Company to carry any of its objects into effect or for affecting any modification of the Company’s memorandum or for any other purpose which may seem expedient and to oppose any application or other proceeding which may seem to the Company calculated directly or indirectly to prejudice the objects, property or rights of the Company.
- To borrow or raise or secure the payment of money for the purposes of the Company or for the Sunset Cross purpose of any partnership or joint venture or merger or any other commercial relationship in which the Company is interested whether the same shall have been borrowed or is intended to be borrowed on overdrawn account or otherwise in such manner and on such terms as may seem expedient and to secure the repayment thereof and of monies owing or obligations incurred by the Company by bonds, debentures (either payable to the bearer or otherwise) or by mortgage or charge or in any such manner as may be determined and for such purposes to charge all or any part of the property of the Company both present and future and to pay interest on such borrowed money.
- To draw, accept, endorse, discount, execute, and issue bills of exchange, commercial bills, and promissory notes, debentures, bills of lading and other negotiable or transferable instruments or securities.
- To procure the Company to be recognised and registered in other States of Australia and other parts of the world.
- To make gifts by way of deed of forgiveness, cash or otherwise in such amounts or in such manner and to such extent and to such persons, corporations, or organisations as the Board may from time to time determine. But such gifts shall not be made to any past or present member of the Company.
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the aforesaid objects or exercise of the aforesaid powers of the Company.
- The income and property of the Company from whatever source derived shall be applied solely toward the promotion of the objects of the Company as set forth in this Memorandum of Association and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by means of dividend, bonus, gift, or otherwise however by way of profit to members of the Company or any one of them. Provided that nothing herein contained shall prevent the payment in good faith of remuneration to any officers or servants of the company or to any member thereof in return for services actually rendered to the Company or prevent payment of interest.