This position is now available.
(Casual & Full Time)
The Warehouse / Dispatch Assistant will be under the authority of the Warehouse Leading Hand and Distribution Manager.
Responsibilities of Warehouse/Dispatched Assistant:
As Warehouse / Dispatch Assistant, the person filling this position must have or to be able to quickly acquire a solid understanding of all warehouse procedures and operations performed.
Duties for warehouse/dispatch assistance may involve all of the below requirements:
- Picking orders from stock using picking slips.
- Dispatch operations.
- Operating Freight Computes
- Maintaining Computer Address List
- Tracking customers’ orders and follow -up
- Restocking shelves
- Maintenance of Stock in warehouse
- Stock Adjustments.
- Processing customer returns.
- Shelving stock from Suppliers.
- Container Unloading.
- Forklift operation
- Stocktaking Procedures
- Kit Assembly
- Ordering packaging supplies
- Cleaning warehouse and facilities maintenance.
- Warehouse Security.
- Other task as assigned by Manager
- Workplace Health and Safety Procedures and Training
- Assist with Data Entry
- Assist with Order Checking in Office
- Assisting in both companies with general moving & delivery of items
Physical Demands Required by the Warehouse/Dispatched Assistant:
As the position will involve regular lifting of boxes, walking in the warehouse, crouching and bending, climbing of ladders etc. It is expected that you will have a reasonably high level of physical fitness. Good vision is essential for reading and interpreting picking slips, invoices, delivery dockets, computer screen etc.
Adequate reading and arithmetic skill will be required. The ability to concentrate over long periods will be necessary. Basic computer skills would be a distinct advantage.
Terms and conditions of employment:
A probationary period of 3 Months will apply to ascertain the employee’s suitability for a permanent position. Casuals will be assessed on an on-going basis. Candidates must have the right to work in Australia to apply for this position.
Hours of Duty: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (38-hour week) (Casuals: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Break times: 30 minutes for lunch, 10 minutes each for Morning Tea and Afternoon Tea.
Staff Devotions: as advised by Managers
Remuneration: Storeman Award as per current QCCI guidelines depending on age and experience.